Sunday, April 09, 2006

.........

Mild yellow sunrays break though
the invisible barriers
of baige glass.

But the wind stays
out, making the leaves dance
in a silent chaos.

I can feel the heat, I can't see it
I can see the wind, I can't feel it

The bamboo shoot peeping
through the window,
I look back at it.

It pops back into place,
As if to take a glimpse
of me,
I know its the wind, I don't
want to believe it!

Again, I see it, I can't feel it!

Cotton clouds cover uncover
the sun,
swimming across the blue sky.
Slant rays, they are
Still have the heat, mild, dim

Again I feel it, I can't see it!

Elongating the shadows, moving the leaves
Stretching the limits, mobilising the thoughts.

I see it, I feel it !!



11 comments:

AG said...

why no title??[:)]

Ankita DJ said...

didnt feel like giving one.. :)

Dharik said...

your love for nature is evident:)

SpankMac said...

poet mode! (or poetess?)

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Hey. Nice.

Ankita DJ said...

@pi: danke sir, havent heard from you for a while now!!

Navneet said...

great...i absolutely loved it.
sometimes we do have to thank our creator for giving us memories...makes it much easier to feel things.

-navneet

Saurabh said...

hi ankita dj,

this is one of the better poems of yours.. you are doing great in free verse. a lot of imagery, insight... the poem is quite lyrical, and i guess you could do well with a guitar in your hand now. my fave lines were:


Cotton clouds cover uncover
the sun,
swimming across the blue sky


all the best,
wanderer...

Ankita DJ said...

@ma: its all coz of u ma...!!
@mr. wanderer: who are u buddy...?? and thanks a ton for that comment!!

AG said...

anybody home???

Unknown said...

I did not know since when you have learned literary poweres to express so beautifully.... so coherant... so freely.... Wow ....Good keep it up. Guess who