Saturday, February 04, 2006

The kid in the yellow night-dress

I have absolutely no idea why the Airtel people think that I am really really interested in the new towns added to Tamil Nadu! And some people out here reading my blog would be wondering whats that gotta do with the kid in the yello night-dress...Well, just hang on for a while, I'll come to it eventually...
Ya, so where was I? Yaah, Airtel...so I've been getting these 'new towns added to Tamil Nadu' messages, and lemme tell you guys..its pissing when you get a zillion of them in a day! But today I got a message I actually read..it was about this 1110 recharge on which you get 1007 talktime, and 6 months validity. Though, I still dont have a boyfriend whom I can call (and this is not written coz I want one, but just a passing comment!!) it looked like a fair deal. Apparently, today was the last day to get the recharge done. So I, with a couple of my buddies, cycled upto to gurunath to get the recharge done. (Now the kid comes into picture..)
So, while returning back I saw this little kid (maybe a few inches shorter than me...yippee!! there is someone here who is shorter than me!! ) who was with his dad (a prof..i guessed). A cute kid, maybe 4 yrs of age, jumping and hopping here and there, munching a cookie, dressed in a bright yellow night dress, a naughty twinkle in his eye...he reminded me of the kid whom I want to keep alive in me. Kids are just adoreable..giggly, innocent, sweet, charming. I never resist myself from socializing with any kid I come accross, so I happily went upto the kid, bent down a bit, ran my fingers through his soft hair, and said, "Hello, whats your name?" And to my joy, he replied, "Hello, my name is...brrushghh". Just in case you are wondering what his name was..well, I couldn't figure out myself. His mouth was stuffed with cookies..so it sounded a little bad. Nevertheless, not seeming dejected, a gave a wide smile to the kid, who smiled back at me and then to his dad. That done, I hopped my way back to my cycle!
My day was made!! I wanna be a kid again!! But then, I just was one a few minutes back...

7 comments:

Dharik said...

hmm..interesting...was he an aspiring IITian?
you should have asked him that!!!

Ankita DJ said...

too young to be true...!!

AG said...

i jus recharged for 1110 bucks..:-).. guess i can afford a girl now..:-)

(And, allow anonymous comments.... its fun!!..:-)

Ankita DJ said...

@aji: i guess u forgot something..for affording a girl, u need one!! and as far as the annonymous comments are concerned..m not getting spammed bye the 'anonymous aji' any more..
;)

Vinay said...

I have some guesses .
You have a younger sibling whom you adore.
You are the eldest kid in the family.
BTW, tell me when you can lend me that book of yours.
Also put on some word verification or spam will start.

Ankita DJ said...

@vinay:on the contrary i am the only kid in the family, but my dad's been like a big bro to me..and we still play alot..(we always get on the verge of getting kicked out of the house..!!)
yeah. u can take the book. and as far as the word verification is concerned, i completely forgot about it this time..thanks for reminding, will keep it in mind next time!!

Vinay said...

I always seem to do this.
Word verification is for preventing bots from spamming your blog with ads.
go to settings comments and set word verification.
Agali baar comment maarna hai tho mere blog pe maar. Bahuth khaali hai.