Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What's in a name?!

I was reviewing the pages of my little over 20 years of life and was suddenly struck by the fact that till now I've been given a lot of names. Contributors include parents and friends mostly. Yeah, thats about it I guess, still haven't got the names like "Jhappi" or "Sweety" 'coz thats one thing you don't get when you are single! :D
So here they are, just a reminder to all those who might have forgotten them. For me, these aren't merely names, but carry with themselves a soul which have gotten so attached to me that its difficult to pass a day without them!

Names in chronological order (in brackets are the people who coined them-time):-

1) Betu (Pa - before my birth)
2) Anku (Very common, Ma and Pa - post birth, till date)
3) Cikku/Chikki/Chikmangaloor/Chikda (Modified versions by Ma - till date)
4) Rani beti (Ma - when she has to get some work done!)
5) Chottu (First nick ever, Pushkar and then the whole class followed-school days around 3-4th standard)
6) Jerry mouse (Sumelika, a wonderful friend - 8-10th standard. I used to call her Tom)
7) DJ/ADJ/Deej (Whole class - 10th onwards and now its an official college nick)
8) Hanky/Monkeyta (Puchhu/Vij - 11-12th standard)
9) Shorty/ Syaaxy one (sexy pronounced in a very country fashion) (Kini bro - college)
10) Deeju (AJ - college)
11) Deeday (Aru - college)
12) Kita (Fufa - college)
13) Small wonder (GRV - college)
14) Smallie (Puchhu/CB - school/college)


Hmph, I guess thats all. Though I have this feeling that I'm missing out on a few. Well, well, if I remember I'll try and not get lazy to put them up in the next blog!

Cheers!

5 comments:

CB said...

Smallie! :-)

Navneet said...

whats with you linking me as 'small'...i'm on par with you :P

please change that ASAP to vertically challenged...atleast give me some dignity

Ankita DJ said...

@nav: he he, i was wondering when you'll notice it!

hrn said...

"Fucked up Freak".... thats ur gothic nickname....

source: http://www.necroticobsession.com/gothname.html

Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

Hi,
I'm a student @ IIMB in their exec MBA program ( PGSEM ) ..I'm trying out a blog-based networking plugin as a web-venture along with my batch mate @ NITC.. The details are available at http://blogs.edotte.com.. Please take a look when u r free.. Useful as a plugin to your blog..
Thanks,
Ajith