Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Chauvinist..male obviously

Time:8.20 pm...but considering the accuracy of The Indian S(tretchable)tandard Time...I would rather not comment on the exact time...aahh well...does it matter..!!
Place:Stinky computer room, Sharavati Hostel...the reason for it being stinky is that the proud users of the computers here get so involved in changing their hairstyle while reading the letters by their sweethearts ( i hope thats what they are doing, coz most of them give a shy smile out of the blue..!!), that they forget that circulation of air is very important for the health of the computers..and the users. PS: I dont know about the others but I have farted quite a few times right here !!
Right, moving on..the main reason I am writing this post is a mild form of male chauvinism that i experienced today. It was around 3.35 pm when my poor little tummy suddenly started growling. It was hunger for sure. So I lifted up my ass, threw a ten ruppee note in my pocket and walked out to spot for a plate of maggi noodles. Right there was this dude standing...i believe he was either an Mtech or an MSc chap. Alongside was a female...supposedly his batch mate. They were talkin something about their project. Though, I dont have a habit of listening to others' conversations, it becomes a little difficult to ignore when people are screaming at about 100 decibles at a distance of 2 feet from your basiliar membrane (for those of you who dont know what the last two words mean, trust me you wont lose anything if u took it as the ear!)
So, out of the 23 odd sentences the couple spoke...27.6 were spoken by the dude and -4.6 by the dudette. The reasons being : The dude had a habit of cutting the lady in the middle of the second word of her sentence, repeating what she had said in a higher volume, and finishing it off half way (that accounts for the 0.6!) He literally snatched words out of the lady's mouth, fed himself with them...and puked them all over her face creating an utter mess! I mean come on man, if u had to puke, let it be yours..!!
Well, so those five minutes were kinda painful. But the inner me was waiting to do a few things which I obviously had to control myself from doing...
1) Take the dude by the collar, give him a nice punch in the eye and say the golden words...F^&% O#$!!
2) Owing to my height which is just about 5 feet, and owing to his, which must've been around 6 feet...all I wanted to do was to get in the head down bull position and ram my head against his "area". That, atleast, would shut him up, orally, for some time and, sexually, forever !!
3) Burn up the lady's hair coz they were troubling my nostrils..!!
Aaah, but damn the maggi which arrived just in time for me to kick off from that place. All I could do was to curse the maggi in my hand for being so bloody hot..!!
Ending the whole thing on a serious note, I found this lovely poem on the net...ps: I am not a feminist but this poem was too good not to be put up:

WOMAN

That woman is a success who loves lifeand lives it to the fullest;
Who has discovered and shared the strengths and talents that are uniquely her own;
Who puts her best into each task and leaves each situation better than she found it;
Who seeks and findsthat which is beautiful in all people and things;
Whose heart is full of love and warm with compassion;
Who has found joy in living and peace with herself.

-Barbara J Burrow

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

call me dim-witted but i couldn't get the part about the stinky comps...
guys like the one you experienced are evrywhere, and though you saw him act like that with a lady i am pretty sure that his habit is gender independent.
...sometimes people just have to ask for their rights THEMSELVES..so chill lady

Anonymous said...

Woman.. I was sitting right on the next comp n believe me i did suffocate.. Spare me at least!

Well.. coming back to the post.. I agree the habit of that guy would be gender independent but the point lies in the fact that its generally the females who agree to take this sorta behaviour.. U know the infinite patience that females tend to have.. U know u should have punched that female right in coz shes the one who ought to punch that dude.. Bah.. U know i am how senti I am about this issue..

Anyways nice post
The girl on the next comp.. (Thank god the windows r open!)

AG said...

actually, i jus saw a movie today where the wife gets really possessive abt her husband and they separate.. nice coincidence that ur blog was along those lines..
damn..u wanted to kick him in his 'area' ?.. yikes!!!!!!!!.. scary!!!!..

Anonymous said...

I think yours is a little more than reaction. Conversation is beautiful art which is to be shared equally and it’s a two way traffick. Both are equally responsible to enjoy it or murder it. Right !I think its not the case of male chauvinism but a woman’s lack of desire to come out of her own cocoon. She has to get up and learn that she is companion to walk side by side, not a follower to walk behind. Be it walking , be it working be it speaking, she has to assert herself with her head high……..
I remember your dad gave me the first card (premarital obviously Ha Ha Ha….) on which the following line were written:
Do not Follow me
I may not lead you,
Do not lead me,
I may not follow you.
Walk beside me,
And be my friend.
- Gloria Maxon
Ma
Date: 17.12.05 11.30 pm

Anonymous said...

Change the title Pleeeeeasse....
Now c'd u plz find some new title for this blog.
My little child.
KKD

Anonymous said...

Please change the title...

Ankita DJ said...

Aaah well guys...i was just trying to be funny in the blog. So please stop butchering me on how the female should have reacted and blah. As far as the title is concerned..why dont u suggest a good one..coz even i m not quite happy with this one as nothing else came to my mind.

Anonymous said...

Well the title should be:

1. Mushrooming on others thoughts......
2. Murdering the art of conversation...
3. Parasitic ideas.....
Choose one....
ma PA

Ankita DJ said...

@papa:can u please keep the biology out of this? we all know u are a doc...but pleeeeseee...!!!

Dharik said...

the noodles seemed yummy ...
that all i care about...
anyways nice post...

CB said...

'Owing to my height which is just about 5 feet, and owing to his, which must've been around 6 feet...all I wanted to do was to get in the head down bull position and ram my head against his "area". That, atleast, would shut him up, orally, for some time and, sexually, forever !!'


DJ...! Am rolling...!