Saturday, December 24, 2005

Floating Stars

Deserted flyover. Gray-white fog till the end of my sight. Black moon-less night. Black Sky. Chilly breeze. Temperature of 7.7 degrees. And to top it all, orange road lights floating in mid air.
This is how I saw Delhi. Yes, my Delhi at 1 am in the morning. The theme tune of 'Bluffmaster' still ringing in my ears, I was sitting at the front seat of the Hyundai which my pa was driving. After attending a wedding of one of pa's friends, we planned to watch a movie at the well know PVR Naraina. While discussing this plan with one of my friends via sms, the factors that it was 24th of December, Saturday night, Christmas eve etc etc were directing us to the fact that we wont get any tickets. But well, where there are fog lights, there is a way...so we managed to get three tickets for our family.
The movie got over soon, unlike many of the Indian movies and there was no crying involved. And I walked out of the hall, happily smoking in the foggy night..err..well I wasn't smoking SMOKING...I was just blowing air...It indeed was really chilly and my body hair could literally break the glass (for those of you who seem to find this altered sentence familiar, I deliberately changed a word !!) Anyways, it was one of the most beautiful nights I've ever seen. As we started off, clouds of fogs came running into the windscreen. The orange-yellow road lights lit like clusters of stars lay burning, suspended in mid air. And the most fascinating thing was that this was the only thing visible for meters ahead! No cycles. No trucks. No cars. Nothing. Just us..gliding away into the mist.
Who says we go to heaven after death. I just experienced it...alive!
This, my friends, is the most beautiful night of Delhi!

8 comments:

Dharik said...

fog fog fog.. thats what going to get me late on tuesday... damn!!!
anyways never knew that delhi can ever be beautiful...

Ankita DJ said...

the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...thats why..!!

nanosage said...

Isn't the heavy fog usually smog or especially due to the dry and dusty delhi air ??Hmmmm it appears that air pollution definitely contributes to Delhi's beauty. ;-)

Navneet said...

the aura that you see while staring at the traffic light from behind the fog is one of the best sights one can witness in winters....welcome back dj
@NANOSAGE: fyi, post-cng, delhi got less polluted than any other metro :)

Ankita DJ said...

@jd:well, u need to come to delhi to see realise its fog and not smog..rather than sitting 1000 km away and judging..!! :)
@nav:thanks nav, any plans of meeting up..hows school??

nanosage said...

Apologies to delhiites!!

Having spent most of my life in coastal and warmer places, may be I am unable to comprehend beauty of the fog. Hoping to get a chance soon. :-)

Navneet said...

i seem to have misplaced your no. yet again...so please give me a call and we'll think up of something...
enjoy and stay warm

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.