Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Happiness...

How many times in a day does your heart pounce with true happiness? How many times do we genuinely giggle? How many times do we stand in the open drizzle and look up at the drops falling into our eyes? Hmm…shockingly, very less!!
Strangely, I’ve experienced a lot of these things…in fact I experience it every now and then. My friends out here call me a bubbly and energetic person, who is always full of enthusiasm and zeal. But at times I wonder what is it that keeps me going? Is it the weather…is it the nature…is it my group of friends? And every time I do this analysis, there is only one thing that comes to my mind…it’s a mixture of everything, to be frank…it’s the smallest things we overlook most of the time.
A warm hug of a close friend, long half an hour daily chats on the phone with a person you see and spend time with everyday, an affectionate pat on the back from a buddy, an open hearted laughter on the silliest jokes ever cracked, a rub on the arms when nights get cold, getting completely drenched from head to toe in the rain, observing the cuddled up puppies outside the hostel entrance, sitting at the beach and staring at the waves hitting the shore, eating an ice-cream during the shivering weather….

Ever wondered what real joy is? Where is lives? When it comes? I say, that life has its own subtle ways of giving joy…some we notice and others we don’t. But invariably they are all there around us. The ones who notice them, live, others just exist!

6 comments:

CB said...

Hmm..yes..some subtle instances, constant motivation and an 'inner voice' are what keep me going..

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... :) Thoughts behind an ever happy ever enthu person.. Keep it going.. :)

N never change this thing about u..

AJ

Anonymous said...

I cant imagine, that u can write English which is reasonably correct and good. One thing is very satisfying as parents that in todays atmosphere of sceptism and cynicism you have a very positive approach towards life keep it up ...............Let the riveret of life flow at its own pace.
Finally all the pebbles obstructing will be ineffective and its going to reach its final destination..... ma pa

Ankita DJ said...

thanks ma pa, love u guys!!

nanosage said...

great first post..
made me retrospect and, all of a sudden, there was a smile. True it is, after all that's the truest form of joy, hehe.

Saurabh said...

awesome.... very well expressed...